Monday, January 13, 2014

Easy(Paleo) Cauliflower Soup

      Well, for those that didn't know, I'm back to being a waitress.  It's really not all bad, in fact, I rather enjoy it.  I think (I hope) I'm pretty good at it, and the money isn't too bad either.  So, hopefully, Nic and I can save some cash and become homeowners in the next year.  Unless God has something else in mind, that is our plan.  Nic is a hard workin' semi truck driver for UPS Freight.  Hours are tough to get used to, but the job itself is pretty enjoyable for my hubby.  I'm so proud of him! We don't get to see each other as much as we would like, but we try to make the most of the time we do have.  We really like our coffee dates and walks to chamber's bay with our silly beagle dog.  All in all, life is good, and we are thankful!



     Because I've been working more, I haven't been cooking as much, so the meals I choose are usually easy and quick options that will go along way. One of my favorites is my cauliflower soup recipe.  I've recently been asked by several people for it, so here it is! This recipe is so easy, delicious, and husband approved! (Yes, he licked his bowl clean.) :D 

Ingredients

-1 Head of Cauliflower
- Organic/Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 of a Large Onion
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 4-5 Pieces of Bacon
- Green Onions
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt/Pepper

Directions

 Chop up your cauliflower into small chunks.  Put in a saucepan and pour enough chicken broth to cover all of the cauliflower.  Season with salt,pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium/high and stir occasionally until the cauliflower is soft. 






Meanwhile, fry your bacon and then set aside.  Saute chopped onion and garlic in bacon grease.  


Add the mixture to the cauliflower and turn down heat to medium/low. Season with more salt and pepper.  Add your 1/4 cup coconut milk and simmer for 15-20 min.

Take the pot off the burner and allow the soup to cool for a couple minutes. Blend with an immersion blender, top with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions, and enjoy (:


No comments:

Post a Comment